Here is a step by step guide to creating your very own apartment gallery wall with ease. Share any tips you have in the comment section below! And if you haven’t seen it yet, check out my last post on gallery walls for inspiration!
- Collect frames and prints.
- Frames can be purchased inexpensively at thrift shops or craft stores. Don’t be afraid to choose a variety of frame widths, textures, and colors.
- Be creative with the prints you choose to frame. Family photographs can be quite dull when hung in a large grouping! Take you own photographs of landmarks in your city or even frame newspaper articles.
- My favorite place to purchase unique prints is a little bookshop in Manhattan called Argosy. Check it out the next time you’re in NYC!
- Get a roll of Large Kraft Paper. This will serve as your backdrop to experiment with the frame layout and will act as the pattern you’ll use to hang the frames.
- Lay out a large section of kraft paper on the floor and begin placing your frames on top in a creative pattern. Once you find the perfect layout, trace the outline of the frames directly onto the paper.
- Take a picture of the frames in their final placement to reference where they all go once you begin to hang them.
- Hang the entire piece of kraft paper with the frame outlines onto the wall where you would like to create your gallery.
- Hammer a nail into the top center of each frame outline.
- Once you hammer in all the nails, carefully pull the paper away from the wall ensuring that the nails do not fall out.
- Hang your frames in the designated space and watch your wall transform!
What a surprisingly inexpensive way to add style to your walls!
For further reading click here.